Carlisle Technology Fact Sheet
The Carlisle Community School District strives to provide a wide array of up-to-date technologies for the use of its students, faculty, staff, and members of the Carlisle community.
District technology offerings are implemented, supported, and managed by the Technology Department, which is responsible for the technology equipment and services provided to all District buildings. Currently, the equipment we offer includes:
- laptops for every faculty member
- laptop lab carts in the elementary buildings and the middle school
- wireless networks in each building
- 500 lab, classroom, and office desktop computers
- over 30 networked printers and copiers
- over 30 interactive white boards
- over 60 digital projectors
In addition to supporting equipment, the Technology Department also provides e-mail, internet, and specialized educational and administrative software access throughout the district.
- Dell Inspiron 1526
- Dell Inspiron 1501
- HP dc7700
- Dell Optiplex 745
- Xerox Phaser 8560dn
Our server equipment is primarily HP and Dell-based. Most of our servers make use of an efficient VMWare-based virtualized solution, wherein we can save costs and tby virtualizing a number of low-demand servers on two high-performance HP servers.