Carlisle Middle School Library
|Click here to search the CMS library online catalog|
|Welcome to the Carlisle Middle School Library website.|
The Carlisle Middle School library is set up for easy browsing, self-study, group work, and class visits/work area.
The library collection is continually changing. Our major goal over the next few years is to revamp the nonfiction and biography sections so it is up-to-date and more user-friendly. Our fiction selection is a nice balance of classics and popular teen and adult novels. We have just recently begun a graphic novel collection.
2015 Summer Reading Lists:
Click on a research subject below to browse online information sources related to that subject.
|Heartland AEA Databases|
The mission of the Library Media Program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information by providing access and instruction to various information outlets of print and non-print resources and materials to meet the individual needs of Carlisle students and staff.
7:45-3:45 Monday- Thursday
- Students may check out 2 books at a time.
- Books check out for a period of 2 weeks.
- Reference and other materials may be checked out for special circumstances for 24 hours.
- Books may be renewed 1 time.
- Books on hold cannot be renewed.
- Books must be renewed in-hand.
- Students may not check out another book until all overdue items are returned, renewed, or paid for.
- Library staff will check the shelves if the student claims it was returned.
- Staff encourage students to look on the shelves as well as in their lockers and at home.
- If a student has lost an item, he or she must pay for a replacement.
- If the lost item is found after a payment was made, the
student/family will be reimbursed.
- Students are encouraged to notify staff of any damages to books upon or during checkout.
- Library staff will make repairs when possible.
- Items beyond repair must be removed from the shelves and damage fees will be charged.
- Fees are only given when books are lost or damaged.
- All fees must be paid by the end of the school year.