“Vision 2020 provides students with the most critical competencies to successfully lead in their post-secondary pathway”
Over the past 6 months the district has been working on developing a new strategic plan, “Vision 2020”. Strategic planning is recognized as best practice in accelerating an organization and keeping it on an upward trajectory. We would like to extend our deepest appreciation to the teachers, staff, parents, administrators, Board of Education, and community members who contributed to this strategic planning process designed to shape the teaching and learning of the Carlisle School District for the next four years.
This plan is focused on a District-wide systemic effort. The first section of Vision 2020 is focused on four main goals that provide an over-arching view of what the district finds to be the most important aspects of a PK-12 education. In conjunction with the goals are six competencies that lead to student success. Within each goal, specific key performance indicators (KPIs) have been developed. KPIs will be progress monitored at the building and district level. At the end of the school year the district will report out progress on goals via a district report card.
By 2020, two-thirds of the jobs in the American economy will require some postsecondary training. As the Center on Education and the Workforce explains, “Postsecondary education and training is no longer just the preferred pathway to middle and upper income classes – it is, increasingly, the only pathway”. Vital components of Vision 2020 are six competencies that our students will need as they prepare for their post-secondary pathway.
Annually, our district leadership team will develop action plans to move the plan forward. This step will keep the district on a course toward continued excellence.
Finally, we will come back to this plan annually with additional refinements and additions to the performance indicators and benchmarks. It is difficult, if not impossible, to set a four-year plan with absolute certainty. That’s why we will have annual reviews and annual development of action plans to ensure progress toward the plan’s over-arching outcomes. We are extremely excited about what this plan holds for the Carlisle School District.
Vision 2020 reaffirms the District’s commitment to the goals that have focused our energies and efforts on producing incredible outcomes for students; namely, unprecedented academic success and unparalleled personal growth for every student.
As you can see, it is an exciting time to be a part of the Carlisle School District. In closing, please visit our website, www.carlislecsd.org, to remain updated on all of the events occurring across the district as we start the new school year.
Vision 2020 Goals
- Provide a comprehensive education experience that prepares students to thrive in their chosen pathway after graduation.
- Cultivate a positive culture, committed to a safe learning environment, based on mutual respect among all district stakeholders.
- Promote partnerships with parents and community to extend and enrich learning experiences within and beyond the classroom.
- All members of the learning community commit to collaborative practices that ensure continuous improvement and progress
Vision 2020 Competencies
- Master Core Academic Content
- Think Critically and Solve Complex Problems
- Work Collaboratively
- Communicate Effectively
- Learn How To Learn
- Develop Academic Mindsets
Key Performance Indicators
Goal #1: Provide a comprehensive educational experience that prepares students to thrive in their chosen pathway after graduation.
- Third grade reading proficiency rates
- High school graduation rates (4 & 5 year rates)
- Number of college credits earned by High School students
- Participation rates for Advanced Placement exams
- Advanced Placement exam performance
- Participation rates in CTE courses
- Number of students earning CTE 3rd Party Credentials
- Number of High School course credit earned by Middle School students
- Percent of ACT tested students ready for college-level coursework
- Number of students entering post-secondary placements
- Post-Secondary school performance of graduates
- Percentage of students completing a college & FAFSA applications
Goal #2: Cultivate a positive culture, committed to a safe learning environment, based on mutual respect among all district stakeholders.
- Number of student conduct referrals by building level
- Number of bullying/harassment referrals
- District Student Culture/Climate Survey Results (Developed for Spring 2017)
- Attendance rates (students & staff)
- District staff retention rates
- Participation rates in co/extra-curricular activities
Goal #3: Promote partnerships with parents and community to extend and enrich learning experiences within and beyond the classroom.
- Number of student community service hours
- Percent of parent attendance at parent/teacher conferences by building level
- Number of community/parent/family curriculum-based events
- Percent of parent attendance at community/parent/family events
- Number of career awareness experiences/internships completed with community and metro businesses
- Number of business partners
- Number of parent/community volunteer hours in schools/classrooms
- Parent 360 survey data (Developed for spring 2017)
Goal #4: All members of the learning community commit to collaborative practices that ensure continuous improvement and progress.
- Percent of students who meet their academic growth goal based on state assessment in math and reading
- Student proficiency rates in district essential learning targets (ELTs)
- Percent of students identifying as “self-assessed” learners on district rubric
- Percent of students receiving special services (SPED, ELP, ELL, Title I)
- Percent of students who progress out of academic intervention in math and reading
- Percent of district ELTs with vertical learning continuums
- Number of teachers participating in advanced studies/degrees
- Percent of staff attending professional development/learning opportunities
Read the full version of the Vision 2020 Goals & Competencies