School Improvement Advisory Committee (SIAC)
The School Improvement Advisory Committee (SIAC) is a board-appointed committee that is representative of the Carlisle Community School District and community.
Specific membership requirements to be met are as follows:
- At least two student representatives including the Carlisle High School Student Council president and one other student representatives deemed appropriate.
- Three teacher representatives including an elementary and secondary teacher as well as the CCEA representative.
- Three administration representatives including Superintendent, Director of Teaching & Learning, and Principal.
- At least three parent representatives.
- Total representation should reflect the community’s demographics to the largest extent practicable.
The purpose of the SIAC Committee is to provide input to the board of education regarding:
- Major educational needs
- Student learning goals
- Long-range and annual improvement goals
- Desired levels of student performance
- Progress toward meeting district goals
The SIAC committee will meet a minimum of three times a year to review district data and develop recommendations for the board of education. In addition, individual SIAC members will be available to meet with the Department of Education Comprehensive Site Visit Team.
Meeting Minutes and Presentations: